This month I decided to write about all the subscription boxes I received… and write about them all in one post. Why do I continue writing about them? It gives me a reason to write and I get a chance to talk about the products (the boxes and the contents).
Probably my least favorite Birchbox so far, but it’s still a pretty cool $10 “present” to receive in the mail.
1. Juicy Couture “Viva La Juicy” perfume sample – Haven’t formed an opinion about the smell, but it seems to be pleasant. The perfume sample from last month actually got me interested in these little samples because I realized how easy they are to take with me. Just took me a moment because my first sample was cologne (have no need for it), and I kept seeing people complaining about the perfume samples on YouTube.
2. amika Color pHerfection Shampoo – A little weird to get shampoo in my box two months in a row, but I can’t really complain! My hair seems to “agree with” the shampoo (though I’ve only used it once so far), and I’m loving the company because they quickly found my box picture on Instagram and left a “Hope you enjoy the shampoo!” comment. The quality of the product (which seems to be good/great!) is more important, but little things like that mean a lot.
3. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Contentre (24-hour Miracle Cream) – I don’t really get excited about creams. This appears to be some super special cream that the Birchbox girls love and I signed up for Birchbox for the purpose of trying new things, so… I guess I’ll give it a chance.
4. theBalm cosmetics “Put a Lid On It” (eyelid primer) – Discovered primers last month and I’m growing pretty fond of them! Looking forward to trying the product from this cute little container.
5. Juice Beauty Daily Essentials Organics To Go – I used this product last night, and… well, I enjoyed the experience and kind of felt like I had a spa treatment, but… it’s too much work. I have no desire to apply 3-5 creams to my face on a daily/regular basis. I know some people feel differently, so… I guess this product is great for some people.
Favorite products from last month: Mox Botanicals Lip Butter, Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo, and the Aerie Shimmer perfume sample. The friend who received the Eyeko eyeliner says she can’t stop using it.
Invite link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=k26f6
Ipsy’s Glam Bag
I was pretty sad to not receive any new lip products but… I guess I have enough new lip products to keep me happy for a little while longer. This bag was… pretty good. Loved some things and am likely to give away others.
1. Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Mini Body Butter – Great sample size and the lotion smells great! Not sure if anybody who is subscribed really “needed” another lotion, but… it smells good and is small enough to throw in a purse, so I like it.
2. Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil – The item that most people, myself included, seem to be most excited about. I recently started using it on my hair and may have to test it on my eyebrows and cuticles. I’m hearing good things and looking forward to seeing some results for myself!
3. NAILTINI lacquer in “Bloody Mary” – I’m still no good at carefully applying polish to my nails, but this color is kind of fun. May give it away or try to get some girl-friends together for a polish party, or something silly like that. :)
4. SEXY HAIR Spray & Play Hairspray – Kind of curious and kind of not (just because I don’t like using hairspray). Likely to give this one away.
5. SOHO Concealer Brush – I don’t have any brushes, so I’m pretty excited to own this one.
6. ipsy Bag – Simpler than last month and bigger than previous two months. I love the stars on the interior and like the bag over-all. Right now, it’s my “laptop cord bag.”
My boyfriend’s allergic to gluten and generally avoids dairy, so we think this box is super awesome! Doesn’t hurt that we also love most of the snacks.
This time, the box contained a lot of coconut flavored products, coconut water, kale products, and a few other goodies. We’re looking forward to eating most of it!
The one real issue that we’ve had is… last month, my card got charged but somehow the system “forgot” to send me a box. Contacting them by phone wasn’t very efficient because you had to leave a voicemail and I’m pretty sure the call-back happened days or even a week after my call, but talking to them on Facebook resolved things immediately. Now I know to use Facebook for customer service, so I’m a much happier person. I’ve also enjoyed watching them get active on Instagram and more active on Facebook/Twitter.