Ipsy’s latest GlamBag reached me first, so I decided to write about it first. This bag… I love this bag. I’m not exactly sure why. Maybe it’s because the first one I’ve gotten with a design. I’m guessing subscribers who have sweeties in the Navy are extra happy with it.
My favorite item in this bag – the La Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover. I used it to remove some green eyeshadow yesterday, and was very happy because it worked well and felt great. The website is… not my favorite, but looks fine.
Second favorite item is the Glam RX Mini Freestyle Palette. It doesn’t look especially well-made, but I love the little mirror and that it’s magnetic inside. The website looks a little too simple, but looks like they’ve invested some time in their social media. No tweets since February, though…
Juice Beauty’s Hydrating Mist – One of my friends is crazy about it, but I’m not yet sure I like how it feels. I’ll update this post if I decide that I’m a fan. I love the website!
yaby’s Eyeshadow Refills – I like the light one but not the green one… just because I’m not a fan of colorful shadows. Not sure how I feel about the website they’re advertising with this product, though. The design is hard for me to trust.
Do I like this bag? Hrmm… it’s worth $10 to me and I like most of the products, so I guess I do. I just hope they stay away from eyeshadows for a while, and maybe send more higher-end products.
I’m so happy the box finally arrived!! My shipping email arrived on the 7th and the UPS page said it might arrive on the 13th. I even got the “oops, we sent you a repeat sample!” email on the 13th. I guess one awesome thing this month is that I got 100 points for the repeat sample mix-up!
1. twistband Headband – I really like the color I got this month! The headbands are pretty nice, but I like the hair ties more.
2. Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream (.75 fl oz) – I haven’t used shaving cream in many years, but I’m looking forward to trying this! This is my first scented shaving cream and I like the package. Good sample size, too. Update: Liked it!
3. Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo (2.0 oz) – I like the sample size, the package, and that it’s dry shampoo. Looking forward to trying this brand! The “with cedar bark” bit seems a little odd, but… what do I know about hair products? Update: This did NOT work for me. It made my hair feel super greasy and I was almost late to whatever I was doing that morning because I was tempted to hop in the shower and wash my hair immediately. I didn’t do that, but when I got home that night, I walked straight to the shower and rinsed my hair for 5-10 minutes.
3. Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board – Not a fan of the floral design, but I’ll be happy as long as it works!
4. Incoco® Design Nail Polish Appliques – I’ve never applied anything like this to my nails, and I’m not sure if I want to. The little flowers kind of look like the Yelp burst and my nails aren’t painted right now, so… I guess I’ll give these a try. Update: Could only make one of them look nice on my nails. I think it’s a great product for some people, but not for me.
Happy with my box? Yeah, guess so. Not the best month, but a good one… and I didn’t get any perfume samples! :)