I’ve been thinking about Conscious Box for a month or two, but couldn’t get myself to subscribe for a while because I was/am a little annoyed by their marketing on Instagram. I love researching subscription boxes on Instagram and love original content, so I was pretty unhappy when I saw the #consciousbox hashtag flooded with the same image (being used as an entry for a box giveaway). I’m still interested in the idea, however, so the 50% off promo code that I found on one of the subscription box blogs got me to spend $10 on a box.
First impression: I was a little surprised by the size of the box. I was definitely expecting it to be much bigger than a Birchbox. This box is a little bigger, but it still fit in my small(ish) mailbox.
Anyway… let’s talk about products!
The big stuff…
1. Caveman Fuel 100% Grass-Fed Beef Jerky – This is a little drier and spicier than I like, but… it’s pretty good. I’m happy with the sample size and glad I tried it. (Winner!)
2. Beaumont Products Veggie Wash – Nice sample size! I’ve been a tiny bit curious about this type of product but haven’t gotten around to buying it, so I’m glad this came in the box. (Winner!)
3. Kona Red Hawaiian Superfruit Antioxidant Shot – Pretty excited about this one! Good sample size because it lets me figure out if I think it’s tasty or not. (Winner!)
4. Essential Living Foods Palm Flower Nectar Coconut Sugar – I don’t really bake or use sugar in my tea. This does sound like a pretty cool product for someone, so… this product will be a gift. Kind of sad that the biggest item will be given away, but… maybe it’ll result in a friend baking something for me. ;)
Small stuff (part 1)…
1. NurturMe Dried Baby Food – Ummmmm. So I think my boyfriends’ sister is probably going to get this as a gift. I guess many people know someone who has a baby, but… this is kind of a strange product to get in a subscription box. This is a small sample as far as samples go, but I think it’s a good size for this kind of product.
2. Totlogic Gentle, Natural & Light Body Lotion – A bit sad about the size of this sample and that it is also for households with small children. It seems to also be fine for adults, but… it’s still a little weird to get.
3. Dapple Fragrance-Free Baby Bottle & Dish Liquid – Oh, joy. Another tiny sample that’s meant for a household with children. I guess I can still use this, but… I’m not really in the market for products that have babies on the package.
4. Seventh Generation Mandarin Refreshing Facial Cleansing Cloths – Tiny sample but exciting product! Looking forward to trying it.
5. splash citrus lovers artisan soap (by Amathias Soapworks) – SO EXCITED about this sample! It could have something to do with it being for adults, but it also smells good… and I like soap. ;) (Winner!)
Small stuff (part 2)
1. Gluten-Free Beauty Facial Moisture Serum – Sample size is pretty good. Definitely not something I’d normally pick up at a store or order online without trying it first, so I’m really looking forward to trying it. (Winner!)
2. Nuline Nutritionals QSpeed Supplement (See bottom left of first image) – I’ve tried a similar product at Costco and it does sound like a neat idea. Kind of disappointed by the size of this sample, though. I wonder if this sample size is enough to make me feel different/better.
Do I plan to stay a subscriber? I’m not sure yet… my first thought was to cancel because of all the kid products and tiny samples. The customer service rep that got back to me about my request to cancel is trying to encourage me to give them another chance, however, and I’m considering it. I’ll update this when I make up my mind…
Tagged: beef jerky, caveman fuel, coconut sugar, conscious box, consciousbox, CoQ10, essential living foods, gluten-free, kona red, monthly subscription, samples, seventh generation, subscription box, sugar