Nice surprise – I’ve been subscribed to Ipsy and Birchbox since November, and this is probably the second time my Birchbox arrived first.
1. Oribe Shampoo for Beautiful Color & Oribe Conditioner for Beautiful Color – These two are barely in the picture because they’re foil packets (two shampoo & conditioner sets), and that’s just not super exciting. I haven’t used them yet because I’d like to get my hair color touched up first, but… I’m pretty happy with the sample size and what the product is promising. This is probably not big enough of a sample to notice a difference, but enough to figure out if the product makes my hair feel good or gross. I’m happy that they included two sets so I can at least try it 2-4 times.
2. Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel – Great sample size and a product that I’m excited about. Not sure if I’ll buy this product this year because I have a lot of soap and body washes right now, but I definitely liked it!
3. Supergoop!® Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream – Sample is a bit small, but I think it’s a good size for this product. I’m not likely to purchase the full size because I’m not really looking for eye creams, but definitely excited about trying this. I’ve used it a couple times already, and really like how it feels.
4. Mirenesse Glossy Kiss – Great sample size and it does feel good when applying, but I really don’t like the color. Gave this one to my cousin… hope she loves it!
5. Kusmi Tea Paris – Wellness Miniature Assortment – I wasn’t super excited about this sample because I have a lot of tea at home and drink tea maybe once a month, but I randomly decided to try it the other day and I LOVED IT! Definitely happy that they decided to partner with Birchbox. Not likely to purchase any time soon because I have way too much tea at home, but I’m very happy to recommend this company to tea lovers!
Final thoughts – I’m quite happy with this box. One item was given away (one of my goals for these boxes!) and I’ll definitely (eventually) try everything else. Love the quality of the eye cream and body gel!
Referral link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=k26f6
The Ipsy bag this month was very pink and that’s not really my style… but the products made great gifts!
1. Sation Nail Lacquer (Love At First Byte) – Not being good at carefully applying nail lacquer doesn’t stop me from trying every several months! This one looks light enough, so I might be able to put it on without making a huge mess of my nails. Good sample size. Not sure if I like the color yet, but I’ll give it a chance. Website looks… okay. A little “old school” but definitely not horrible.
2. Two Cosmetics Duo Eye Shadow – Looks like a good product and it’s a great size, but it’s not a color I’m really interested in. Gave this one to my cousin. I like that the website has some Facebook connections. The rest of it is… okay.
3. Sexy Hair Soy Renewal – SUPER HAPPY with this product. I loved the last Argan Oil product that Ipsy sent (Josie Maran) and I already love this one. Good sample size. Website looks fine.
4. Be a Bombshell Blush (Sweet Cheeks) – Great size and it looks like a great product…. but it’s not for me. Hope my cousin loves it! Website looks okay. I was amused to see that many Ipsy subscribers on YouTube kept comparing the package to a MAC (Cosmetics) product.
Final thoughts – I’m sure many subscribers loved the theme/products this month, but I only really loved the Sexy Hair product. I’m happy that my cousin loves pink things and seemed happy with the bag, blush, and eyeshadow. She’s been giving me great goodie bags for holidays/birthdays for many years, and I have never been able to return the favor because I don’t really enjoy shopping as much as she does. (This is why I love subscription boxes as much as I do!!) The quality seemed good this month, but… I should probably admit that I contemplated pausing my subscription after I opened this package. I’m not that crazy about make-up and I’m in my mid-twenties, so some of these products/brands… well, they seem to be for people who LOVE make-up and might be… oh, maybe 5-10 years younger than I am. I don’t know. Just… a thought/feeling I wanted to mention.
Referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-h9dgfbsyzyc5kqx