Just realized that I still haven’t posted this and they’re probably getting ready to send June bags right now, so… here goes!
In April I was thinking about pausing my $10/month Ipsy subscription, and… I am soooooo glad I didn’t do that, because the May Glam Bag was amazing. I also noticed that there was a lot more variety (10 companies, 15 products) than usual and the Instagram hashtag (#ipsy) was much more interesting than usual. I wonder if they’ll keep doing this, or if subscribers got lucky this month because some Ipsy employees have been working super hard to make this happen. Another cool thing is that they’ve finally updated the website and you can now take the “profile” survey again (whenever you want). Related: Birchbox also updated their survey! Love that you can now give them more “official” feedback about your fragrance sample preferences.
1. ZOYA Nail Polish (Piaf) – I’m not crazy about their website because it looks a little messy (too much text!), but I really like the product and the color. (Value: $8)
2. Island Vanilla Perfume Roll-On by Pacifica – I love the Pacifica lotion that I got from Ipsy a few months ago, and I love this product. My boyfriend doesn’t like perfumes, and even he likes this smell! I think the comments I’ve heard from him are “you smell like ice cream” and “you smell sweet.” This perfume will probably live in my purse all summer. (Value: $12)
3. NuMe Finishing Serum – I like what the product is supposed to do! The bag did contain a sample (.33oz) instead of a full-size item, but I think it’s big enough to figure out if this is a product I’d like to add to my life. The container is also pretty nice. I didn’t notice much of a difference the first time I used it, but I did like how my hair looked that day. Website looks fine. (Value: $29 for 2oz)
4. Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss (Pink) – This gloss is sooooo tasty. I like how it looks on my lips and everything, but I mostly keep applying it because it’s delicious. ;) (Value: $15)
5. yaby Concealer Refill (Vanilla) – This is the one item in this bag that was… not very exciting. I’ve never used concealer and probably don’t want to start now, but… I guess it’s cool to get the opportunity to test one.
6. Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow (Stargazer) – So. In. Love. I’m so glad I got this “bonus item” in my bag! I love how it feels, how easy it is to apply, and how it looks. I probably shouldn’t start wearing sparkly gold eyeshadow every day, but it’s definitely a fun little thing to add to my eyes when I want to feel shiny and have make-up that’s a bit more… visible. (Value: $20)
7. The May 2013 bag – I would have never picked this bag for myself because I like black and red a lot more than orange and blue, but… it is very cute. I’ll probably use it as my purse make-up bag for the next several weeks or months. (Depends on what the next couple bags look like.)
Happy with this $10/month subscription? YES!
If you’d like to sign up for Ipsy, here’s my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-h9dgfbsyzyc5kqx (Thanks!)
The boxes I’m expecting to receive in the next couple weeks:
New to me: Knoshbox and Love With Food.
The usual: Graze, Healthy Surprise, Conscious Box (yep – still subscribed!), Ipsy, and Birchbox.
Thanks for reading!