The theme this month is “wanderlust,” and… I guess I do have travel on my mind, so it’s actually pretty appropriate. What I don’t really like is… the new Birchbox website. I’m happy with the black and fine with their new logo, but the site looks like it’s gotten… messier. I’m usually a big fan of updates/changes and adapt quickly, but this change makes me frown whenever I head to the website. Maybe others feel the same and they’ll end up making some changes when they get enough feedback. Guess I’ll have to wait and see…
Normally I take my own pictures of the items or the whole box, but… I just couldn’t figure it out this time. Not sure if it was difficult because of the products or because I was in a rush to get to the next thing on the to-do list in my head, but… it just didn’t work out.
1. Davines 3-Step System – I am a little sad that Birchbox sent these samples to me because I am in LOVE but not excited about the idea of paying $24 for a shampoo, $27.50 for a conditioner, and $40 for a hair oil/potion. What do I love? How the products smell & feel, and how my hair feels today. I also love that the shampoo sample is pretty big… but am kind of sad that the conditioner will only last me 2-3 days and the potion was only good for one use. I probably received enough potion for 2-3 uses, but the oil started leaking on my counter the moment I set it down, so… I just used the rest of it.
2. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser – The container is cute and the product is great! I used the cleanser this morning and my first thought was: “Oooh lemon!” It was also easy to wash off… great stuff!
3. Color Club Wanderlust Collection (Mod in Manhattan / the white one) – I’m probably going to give this item to a friend. I’m not really excited about the color and I had another bad experience painting my own nails recently, so I’m not very interested in owning this polish. If I liked polish and liked white polish, though… this would have been awesome. I’m glad Birchbox updated their survey and asked about polish preferences.
4. Oscar de la Renta Something Blue – This sample is… the other reason I’m glad that Birchbox updated their survey. I’m glad it’s a name I recognize, but it’s still a tiny perfume sample and it’ll take me months to get around to using it.
5. Birchbox Bonus: Postcards! One postcard representing each city where they have a major office. I’m probably not going to send these out or hang them on my already well-decorated fridge, but… I kind of love them.
I received this box last night and wasn’t super excited about it at first, but… my shower this morning made me change my mind. I love the suki cleanser and the Davines hair products!
If you’d like to subscribe to Birchbox (it’s $10 per month), I hope you consider using my invite link: http://birch.ly/18t5xCs Thanks! :)
If you DO subscribe, I hope you know that you get points for reviewing the samples (ten points per item) on their site, and 100 points equals $10 to spend on full-size items! Yay, points.
Coming soon: Healthy Surprise, Conscious Box, Love With Food (met the founder at Vloggerfair* last weekend!), and Ipsy. Knoshbox should also get shipped soon. Not sure what’s going on with shipping this week… looks like most of the boxes have been stuck in different parts of the country for days. Hope they sort this out soon… I want my packages! :)
*Note to self: Write a post about Vloggerfair.