The Love With Food box costs $12/month and this was my second box.
“Surrounded by ferris wheels, food stands, and shouts of joy, the boardwalk brings you classic sights, smells, and sounds of summer. Whether the beach is near or far, these seaside snacks will help ya beat the heat. You also donated TWO meals to Oklahoma foodbanks this month.”
I’ve been kind of busy lately and haven’t had the patience to take “nice” pictures of my boxes, but… I’m sure plenty of others have done that, so if you want to find some nice pictures, I definitely recommend browsing a few blogs and/or the appropriate box hashtags on Instagram. ;)
The products this month…
1. Hawaiian Salted Caramel Popcorn from KuKuRuZa – This is probably new to plenty of subscribers, but it wasn’t new to me because this company is based in Seattle, and I believe they’ve been at a couple of Yelp events that I’ve attended. I love ’em and am happy that the bag was quite big. (Already like them on Facebook.)
2. BBQ Beef Stick from Vermon Smoke and Cure – It was a small sample, but I got to learn about a new company and I looooved the product! I’ll have to try to find these (gluten-free!!) beef sticks in Seattle. (Liked on Facebook.)
3. Rebel Mary Peanuts from Lord Nut Levington – Cute little 1oz bag and very interesting product. Interesting brand, too. I’m not sure that I can say I’m in love because it took me several days to get through the tiny bag, but… I love a good Bloody Mary and did enjoy the snack.
4. All Natural Orange Salt Water Taffy from Angel Mint – I’m not crazy about taffy, so I was kind of happy they only included a couple small ones. Also, not a fan of the website. I like the fun small-business websites, and this one has… an old e-commerce website feel.
5. Snack Topping from Twangerz (pickle salt, lemon lime salt, chili lime salt) – I’m glad they included tiny packets of each flavor because… this is not something I would ever buy. Why? Salt. I’m starting to get pickier about salt and my Chem-Engineer is not a fan of table salt.
6. Handmade Sourdough Pretzels from Uncle Henry’s – I love pretzels… when they’re soft. I did end up eating this pretzel when I was really hungry a few days ago and it was pretty enjoyable (and a big “sample”), but I’d never buy myself a large hard pretzel.
7. Strawberry Fig Bar from Nature’s Bakery – I like the website and enjoyed the fig bar. I’m guessing the strawberry flavor is new because I don’t see it on their website. I like that they use sea salt. I’m not SUPER excited about the ingredient list, but I’m contemplating buying these in the future.
8. Classic Candy Wafers from NECCO – I’m glad this is a small sample because I really didn’t like it. I’m guessing some people do and this sample is great for them, but I’m definitely not a fan.
Happy with this box? I’m happy some food was donated to a foodbank, happy I learned about some new-to-me snack companies, and happy about the popcorn, BBQ beef stick, Bloody Mary peanuts, and the Fig Bar. I’m not excited about every company/item I received, but I guess I’m pretty happy with this box.
Tagged: angel mint, beef stick, bloody mary, kukuruza, lord nut levington, love with food, lovewithfood, monthly subscription, nature's bakery, necco, popcorn, pretzels, rebel mary peanuts, salt, salt water taffy, snacks, strawberry fig bar, subscription box, twangerz, uncle henry's, wafers