I posted a video on Instagram when I received my box, but… for this blog post I still feel like using the official image from my box page. I really like these new pictures. I wonder if Birchbox hired a new photographer in June or if they just decided to change things.
1. Curly Hair Solutions™ Curl Keeper – This sample is actually much bigger than it looks! My hair isn’t super long these days, but I’m able to put it up in a pony tail or small bun… and I’ve been able to use this product three times already. I’m not “in love” so I probably won’t buy more, but I’m pretty happy with it. I like that it has the consistency of water (instead of lotion… does that make sense?) and that it doesn’t make my hair feel disgusting (like some products). I really like being able to touch my hair during the day!
2. Whish Deodorant Swipes with Hair Inhibitor – This product is kind of weird and kind of awesome. I probably wouldn’t want to use it in a busy locker room because it might look weird… but I never really find myself in locker rooms these days, so that’s not really a problem. I used the swipe when changing after a Pilates class a few days ago, and was happy with the result. I can’t really comment on the “hair inhibitor” part because I don’t think one swipe makes a big difference. Not all that interested in spending $22 for convenient deodorant, but… I’m happy that I got to try this product. (I already like the brand because Birchbox sent me a sample of their blueberry shaving cream a few months ago.)
3. Whish Exfoliating Body Wash – More Whish! YES!!! I love that it smells like coconuts and that the ingredient list looks good. The sample size is… good. The only sad thing is that this product will be gone soon. I may have to consider buying more with my Birchbox points. ;)
4. OC8® Professional Mattifying Gel – Teeny tiny samples… that are perfect for carrying around with me. I have a couple of similar samples that I’m trying to empty before I use these, but… can’t wait to try this product! I’ve been working from coffee shops a lot and I don’t normally bother with make-up or anything when I’m just going to be staring at my laptop around strangers or am planning to take a noon Pilates class, but I do like being able to add some color or… something… if I end up making lunch or evening plans. Useful items that don’t take up much room in my bag are PERFECT for my life right now.
5. CAILYN Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner – I don’t like eyeliner and I gave away the purple CAILYN gel liner that I received in my Ipsy bag a few months ago, but… fine. I’ll try again. If this doesn’t work out, another friend is getting some eyeliner from me. As far as the product goes… I do like what I see. It’s a cool container. The one odd thing… CAILYN Cosmetics tried to “friend” me on Facebook and I’m not really interested in being FB friends with companies (unless they’re my favorite local juice bar or a great local cocktail/sushi lounge), so I didn’t really like that… but I’ll probably “like” their Facebook page one of these days.
I’m never super happy when I receive eyeliner in a box, but I guess it’s not so bad because I always find a friend who will happily take it off my hands. I think I’ve given away four eyeliners at this point.
Good box? Yes! Favorite item? The body wash.
Not feeling super creative right now, so… referral link.