My September Birchbox arrived today, and I found myself thinking that it would be a fun and easy way to help my brain start working on… work projects.
Birchbox is celebrating three years this month, and they posted a video about it. The most exciting thing about this video (to me) is that they included some subscriber/fan comments… and a few of my tweets made it into the video! Check out the video here.
1. RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer (in “Delirium”): I don’t usually get excited about nail polish because I’d rather just go to a nail salon and choose one there, buuuuut I’m excited about this one because the bottle is cool and because it’s PURPLE. Red is my favorite polish color, but purple has a special place in my mind/heart because it’s one of the University of Washington colors.
2. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive: It’s a nice little sample and I like the company. I’m just not SUPER excited because the idea of using a peel on my face kind of makes me nervous and because I already received a sample of this product in my Yuzen Box. (I need to finish that Yuzen Box post…)
3. Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Eye Serum: I will probably never purchase the full-size product because I don’t like touching the skin around my eyes all the time, but… I’m still happy that this product showed up on my doorstep and I do look forward to trying it.
4. Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss (Sugarbomb) (6.5mL): This is my favorite item in this box because the sample is cute and I love lip products. It’s also pretty tasty. ;)
5. COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face: I like COOLA and I think sunscreen is a good idea. That being said… I’m very happy this is a tiny sample. I’ve received quite a few COOLA samples in recent months and the sun is no longer very visible from/in Seattle, so this sample will probably not be used this year.
Do I think this subscription is worth $10 per month? Yes! I love learning about all the different brands and products, and I love that their sample review and referral point system actually lets me get a nice full-size item every once in a while (instead of just saving me a few cents or a couple dollars). I also like that everything is delivered to my mailbox/doorstep. I have no desire to visit people at make-up counters/stores to get samples. ;)
If you decide to subscribe to Birchbox, I hope you consider using my referral link. Thanks!
Tagged: benefit, Birchbox, COOLA, eye serum, juice beauty, lip gloass, make-up, monthly subscription, nail lacquer, nail polish, racinne, ruffian, skin care, skincare, subscription box, sugarbomb, sunscreen