The details: $20 per month (shipping included) for a box filled with 5-6 samples of artisan ingredients. The website says they will also have events, sales, and recipes for members.
I love how everything is wrapped and was happy to discover that all jars survived the journey! I also love that they included three little tasting spoons. The only somewhat bad thing is that a couple of the jar labels got a little damaged when I removed the tape/wrapper, so I can’t read an ingredient or two.
Not pictured – The information booklet is beautiful! I love that they feature the photos of the makers, information about the companies, and information about the specific products. The recipe ideas are also likely to be useful to many. I like that they include one full recipe in the booklet and have the rest on their site.
On to the ingredients in my first box…
1. Butcher’s Bunches Handcrafted Preserves | Get Your Guav’ On! – I love the cute little jar and that they tend to take it easy on the sugar. I used one of the sample spoons to try some, and don’t recommend eating it straight out of the jar… but I think it’ll be great on something. I just have to figure out what that something is…
2. HerbNZest | Curry Pumpkin Pesto – Love the little jar and am definitely intrigued by the flavor. Can’t wait to try it with/on something!
3. The Gracious Gourmet | Spiced Sour Cherry Spread – This jar is now very, very empty. I was NOT expecting it to be as good as it was! Nancy Wekselbaum makes a-freaking-mazing spreads. Can’t wait to try more of her creations!
4. Mrs. Belem Trading Company | 5 Peppers (Sea Salt) Blend – The full-size jar is definitely cuter than the packet sample, but I’m actually very happy with the size of the sample. I have a lot of salt in my kitchen and try to not add much salt to each dish, so this sample will probably last a while. I also like that it’s flavored salt!
5. Noble Handcrafters | Tonic 02: Vanilla & Chamomile Infused Maple Syrup – I love this little bottle! I received Tonic 01 in my Knoshbox last month and can’t wait to try both flavors.
6. O & Co. | Basil Specialty Olive Oil – I love good olive oil and flavored oils, so this is a pretty cool sample to receive. I would have definitely preferred a little bottle, though. Foil packets are so… messy. I guess I’m thankful they sent three, though. More olive oil!
I think this is a great box for people who love food and like trying new things/flavors. I don’t spend much time at home and normally only prepare food for 1-2 people, so I love that this box should inspire me to cook without filling my fridge with big half-empty jars.
Tagged: basil olive oil, butcher's bunches, food, food box, food samples, hatchery, hatcherybox, herbnzest, maple syrup, mrs belem trading company, noble handcrafters, pesto, preserves, samples, sea salt, subscription box, the gracious gourmet