I’ve been kind of busy and haven’t been prioritizing my subscription box reviews, but I still love the boxes I get and still love writing about them, so I’m going to try to catch up today!
Also… HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
1. Number 4 Non-Aerosol Hairspray – I give most of the hairspray I receive in boxes to baristas at my favorite juice bar, but this one I’m likely to keep. I like that it’s a small (but not TOO small) sample and I already like the company because I received a sample of their clarifying shampoo months ago (and ended up buying the full-size bottle of it). I’ve only used a tiny bit of the hairspray so far (and only once), but it seems to be a good one. I like that it didn’t make my hair hard and… crunchy.
2. BeeKind™ Body Lotion – I don’t “need” any more lotion, but I love this one and now use it on my hands several times a week. The best things about it are probably the little container and the scent. I love the scent!
3. Emily’s Chocolates Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies – I’ve seen these in boxes before, and am happy that I finally got to try one (and that it was only one)! It was good.
4. betty&ko™ The Betty Polish – It’s a small sample and the product looks kind of weird (wet granola?), but I love the product and the (almond+ vanilla + …?) scent. I don’t really like rinsing scrubs/masks off my face in the sink, so I normally keep these kinds of products in my shower (and use one every few days).
5. Secret Agent Beauty Secret Lip Affair Nourishing & Plumping Lip Gloss – I really like the product because it’s a gloss and because it makes my lips tingle a little bit, but I like the (look of the) full-size container much more than the sample container. The application process is just… odd. I usually end up having to put a thin line of the product on my lips and then use my lips to distribute it all over my lips. I like the benefit Sugarbomb sample container more than this one.
Nice bonus: I’ve been a Birchbox subscriber for a year now, so last month I also received the little branded Birchbox keychain. I haven’t started using it yet and it wasn’t a surprise because I’ve seen pictures of it on Instagram, but I still love that they choose to do this. I think it’s also great that it doesn’t arrive in/with your box… it’s a nice little separate surprise.
Am I staying a subscriber? YES! I like/love many of the products that I got to try this year, and love that I got to surprise friends with random fun gifts (eyeliners, eyeshadows, bright lip products, etc). I was actually month-to-month all year and a few days ago finally decided to get a one-year subscription because they offered one that included 99 points (100 points = $10 to spend on Birchbox.com) and two free boxes.
If you decide to subscribe, I hope you consider using my referral link. Also, I hope you also remember to review (it’s easy and doesn’t take a long time – usually only the multiple choice survey questions are “required”) your samples every month! You get 10 points per “review” and every 100 points equals $10 to spend on Birchbox.com.