I’m loving the new Hatchery Tasting Box because they send great ingredient samples (perfect size for me!) and because the box is only $20 (shipping included).
1. The Jam Stand Chai Heart Pumpkin Jam: Yum! It was a tiny and perfect little sample. I ended up adding it to some plain ice cream. It wasn’t my favorite flavor, but it was definitely a fun one to try. Hope they send more jams from The Jam Stand in the future.
2. Meso Nutso Blackberry Extract: I haven’t tried this yet because I haven’t figured out how I’m going to use it yet, but I’ll probably add it to some ice cream or sparkling water or something. Not sure yet.
3. Fogg City Spice Co Lemon Rosemary Seasoning: I like the flavor of lemon and the flavor of rosemary, so this is… pretty awesome. I added a little to an omelette, and it was… good, I think. I couldn’t taste it after a while, but I’m still happy about this sample! Looking forward to using it again. Maybe I’ll add some to pasta or something.
4. Mangé Le Gastronome Pear Vinegar: Another exciting sample! I don’t think it goes well with a tomato salad, but I’m sure it goes well with… something. I’ll have to try it with ice cream or a cheese plate, as suggested.
5. Maui Made Spicy Teriyaki Marinade: YUM! I really enjoyed the tofu that I cooked in this sauce. I also love the size of the bottle.
6. Mustard & Co Mustard Sauce: This sample made me realize that I rarely use/eat mustard, but I’m still happy to have this little bottle! Used some of the mustard for a marinated tofu recipe. Not really a big fan of how that tofu turned out, but it was still good enough to eat…
The only thing that I don’t like about this box is that the packing tape frequently destroys the labels before I get to even see them. They said they’re changing their packaging this month, however, so it shouldn’t be a problem anymore!