The best thing about this Birchbox was probably that they finally chose a Birchbox Plus item (these cost extra) that I was interested in. I’ve liked the idea of that program since they announced it several months ago because I am looking for cute new things, but usually don’t like the items they decide to feature (with a small discount). This time they decided to offer cute and tiny phone battery packs (Triple C Designs Power Card™ Ultra Thin Battery)… PERFECT for a girl who uses her iPhone all day (for work and fun). It arrived several days or weeks late (not sure which anymore), so (without me asking) they threw 100 points (aka $10) on my Birchbox account. Score!
1. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk – I like the sample size and am happy that I’ll finally get to try this one. It’ll probably take some time to get to this sample because I usually feel better when I wash my hair every day… and already have one “open” dry shampoo)… but I’m looking forward to trying it.
2. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain – Birchbox let subscribers pick one of their samples last month (cool experiment!), and I’m happy that a mini lip stain was one of the options! I don’t want or need any more nail polish (which was the other option).
3. Marcelle New·Age 8 in 1 Power Serum – I have a bunch of serums right now, so I wasn’t very happy to see this sample in my box. It’s still a nice enough sample, though… I’ll probably enjoy trying it, someday.
4. Naobay Body Radiance Lotion – Another good sample of an item type that I don’t really need more of. Will I ever get into using lotion every day?
5. 100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel (Honey Cream Wash) – I shower every day (twice a day if I take a yoga class!), so I love shower gel and body wash samples. Sadly, this sample was really annoying… just because of the packaging. They included two foil packets which I thought would be great because two packets is better than one, but they were incredibly hard to open in the shower and there was very little product inside each one. I ended up getting annoyed and then having to use my regular soap or body wash. I really hope they (the company and Birchbox) don’t send any other samples this small because I don’t like having a negative first impression of a product BECAUSE they sent me a sample.