I’ve been a happy Ipsy subscriber for a couple of years, but recently decided to try a new beauty subscription that focuses more on vegan and luxury products. I’m a little overwhelmed by make-up/skincare products right now and wanted to give up one subscription before starting a new one, and Ipsy ended up being the one.
This is what was in my last (for now?) Ipsy bag:
1. bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow: This seems like an interesting product and I’m sure one of my friends will enjoy trying it! Pretty good sample size. I don’t use/wear eyeshadow and she works for Gene Juarez Hair Salons & Spas, so I’m glad we started a little exchange… she gets my eye stuff and I get her hair stuff.
2. Befine Food Skin Care Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15: I don’t have a lot of moisturizers and this is a good sample size, so this item is kind-of a “win” for me. I tend to only use lotions on my elbows every once in a while, so it’s really hard for me to go through all the lotions I have received since I started subscribing to boxes. I’ll try to get better though… this one looks good and they commented on my Instagram photo when I posted it!
3. Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08: I don’t care about tanning or looking tan, so this is definitely not a product I am interested in. Thankfully I know someone who wants to try it!
4. Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm: I’ve received quite a few products from Pixi Beauty… some I like and some I’m not crazy about. I am happy to have this balm because I like lip products.
5. wHet Nail Polish in Facetious: I like that this polish is vegan and that the company tries to stay away from crazy chemicals. I guess I also like the color… pretty sure I don’t have any blue polish right now. I usually prefer to get get my nails done at salons (and use salon polish), but maybe I’ll keep this one.
The July 2014 bag: I don’t really love pink or the design. I do like that it seems big because that means it might be a good laptop charging cable bag.
Ipsy points redemption bonus: bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick! I’m at Starbucks right now so I don’t remember which color it is, but I’m happy they included it in the rewards program. I have another one from a previous box and I love it!
Tagged: bareminerals, beauty subscription, befine, cream eyeshadow, hang ten, ipsy, make-up, make-up samples, marvelous lipstick, monthly subscription, nail polish, pixi beauty, samples, subscription bag, subscription box, tanning oil, whet, whet nail polish