I failed to get a picture of my November Yogi Surprise box, so I’m going to take this opportunity to mention one of my favorite subscription box bloggers – Jennifer at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom! This is her photo and it links to her November Yogi Surprise blog post. I am not a mom and have no pets so I tend to skip a lot of her posts, but she gets a bunch of other boxes that do appeal to me and I always enjoy her write-ups.
1. Hurraw! Vata Balm ($4.29): The ingredients list sounds great, so I’m looking forward to using this lip balm someday. I have way too many right now. Need to be better about using them every day!
2. Valentina’s Home Brewed Sunny Outlook Natural Body Mist ($8.99): I love the idea of starting the day in a good mood, but I’m not a big fan of body mist. I started using it as a room spray instead, and that seems to be working out. I like the citrus scent!
3. Valentina’s Home Brewed Psychic Detox Bath Salts: These bath salts look nice but I’m not too excited because I normally only take showers. My water heater usually don’t let me get enough hot water to fill a whole bath, so attempts to have a relaxing bath don’t normally go well.
4. Golden Earth Chakra Wellness Oil (Energy/Peppermint) ($26): I like the energy focus but I haven’t quite figured out how to use this item. Maybe for massage? I don’t really see myself sniffing or even applying oil whenever I want/need some extra energy. ;)
5. Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant (Cedarwood + Juniper) ($9): More Schmidt’s! A new scent! YAY! I haven’t started using this one because I have a couple other jars (one mini and one full-size) of Schmidt’s that I received in boxes several months ago. The application process is a little weird, but the product seems to work well. Looking forward to smelling like trees! ;)
6. Seneca Green Tea Mints (Tropical Mango) ($2.95): I’ve tried Seneca Green Tea Mints before (another subscription box, of course) and loved them, but this one… I’m not sure. The package opens in a weird way so I tend to get annoyed and usually end up dropping one of the mints on the ground. The mango flavor is also not my favorite.
7. Lush Nuts – Coconut Lavender ($4.50): I don’t remember really noticing the flavors, but I enjoyed these. I like almonds and coconuts. I’m not a big fan of lavender, but lavender-flavored things are usually fine. I’ve probably had at least a couple bottles of Lavender DRY Soda before. I like that they use sea salt!
8. Earthing Organics – RAWNOLA Bar, Heirloom Cacao: I like the ingredient list and would eat another one if it arrived in a box, but I am pretty sure I won’t end up buying this one in the future. I remember thinking it was weird. ;)
9. Bonus Surprise: Jo-Sha Wipes: I was happy to see a new-to-me brand and wipes! I became a fan of facial and body wipes when I started getting a little more into fitness. I like that these have different scents. The description on their website also looks good… “Our cleansing wipes are made in the USA with a high quality, soft towelette that is biodegradable. The outer packaging is 100% recyclable. Free of alcohol and harsh chemicals, the pure essential oils we use are naturally anti-bacterial, anti-septic, and astringent. Essential oils are organic “essence” derived from plants, bark, flower, fruit, leaves, and roots. They deliver positive benefits to the body through smell or by direct absorption into the skin. Benefits of essential oils include soothing, calming, stimulating, refreshing, centering, and warming the system.”
This is one of the more expensive subscription boxes ($44.95 if you don’t use one of the 20% off discount codes… my boxes are $35.96) so it’s one that I really have to think about every month. The “high retail value” doesn’t matter if the products are not products you care about (unless you think you can actually sell them on eBay or somewhere). In this case, I’m really happy that the December box was pretty great (review coming soon!). The November box was great for plenty of people, but I wasn’t too happy when I opened it because I’m not really looking to add more body sprays, oils, and bath salts to my life.
If you are into yoga or this box looks great to you for some other reasons, this is my referral link and here are some 20% off discount codes to try: LOVEYOURSELF and GRATITUDE.
Thanks for reading! :)
Tagged: argan oil, balm, bath salts, body mist, cacao, cedarwood, chakra, coconut lavender, detox, earthing organics, fitness, golden earth, health, hurraw, jo-sha, josha, juniper, lush nuts, natural, natural deodorant, organic, pure essential oils, rawnola, schmidt's, seneca green tea mints, subscription box, valentina's home brewed, wipes, yoga, yogi surprise