Hello, “world.” My name is Inna. I’ve been blogging since 2003 and decided that, while I like keeping that personal blog, I want a public one. I love writing (though I pretend others don’t read any of it!), snapping photos (with my iPhone), checking out restaurants, and attending fun events at local businesses. I’m on a lot of of other sites, but I’ll try to also post about some of my adventures on this blog. *In late 2012 I got sucked into the world of subscription boxes, so now this blog includes a lot of subscription box reviews.*
A little about me?
I am from Razliv, Russia. Haven’t heard of it? Well… it’s a suburb of St. Petersburg. I’m hoping you’ve heard of that one.
In either case I haven’t been to either city since the mid-90s, because that is when my family moved to the U.S. and settled in Washington state. I started out in Bellevue, moved to Seattle in 2006, and moved to Kirkland in 2014.
A few more things:
– In 2010 I graduated from the University of Washington (Seattle) with a BA in Communication.
– I love Yelp and attending their official and unofficial events. I also love using that website for learning about and spreading the word about great businesses. In the Summer of 2009, I also got to have the wonderful experience of being intern to Katie S., who was then the Seattle Community Manager for Yelp. (She has since moved on to a position at Yelp HQ in San Francisco.)
– In April of 2010, I started working for a daily deal site called Tippr. I spent the first year wearing many “hats” and learning a lot about the different departments (as they formed). I worked on merchant support, customer support (live chat), lead generation, quality assurance, sales team support, merchant contracts, social media, etc. In April of 2011 I stepped into the role of Operations Specialist in the Production department. I enjoyed my year in that role and my two years with the company.
– In April of 2012, I became a Social Media and Community Manager for Scrappy Face, an awesome small business consulting firm.
– In early 2013, I started working on some freelance social media projects.
– In late 2013, I started working on digital and social marketing projects for Thinknear by Telenav.
I hope you enjoy the occasional posts on this blog. :)